Check out reasons to have a Discover it Secured Card
If you want to have a good credit card that is quickly approved even if you don’t have good credit in the market, the Discover it Secured Credit Card is the right credit card for you.
With it, you ensure approval and have more convenience when applying for your credit. Thus, it is easier to secure the money you need and be sure that the limit will be released to you.
Follow our article to learn more about the card and get a step-by-step guide on how to apply for yours.
So, how does the Discover it Secured card work?
To apply for the Discover it Secured Credit Card, you must deposit a sum of money as security.
The deposit amount can range from $200 to $2,500. You can deposit the money into a Discover checking or savings account.
The deposit is refundable, meaning you will get it back if you cancel the card or if your credit improves to the point where you are eligible for a traditional credit card.
After receiving the card, you can use it to make purchases anywhere that accepts Discover. Your card’s credit limit will be equal to the deposit amount you made.
It’s important to use the card responsibly to build your credit. This means paying your bills on time and keeping card usage below 30% of the credit limit.
To retrieve the deposit from the Discover it Secured Credit Card, you must either cancel the card or increase your credit limit to an amount greater than the deposit.
If you cancel the card, Discover will return the deposit within 30 days of cancellation.
If you increase your card’s credit limit to an amount greater than the deposit, Discover will refund the excess amount.
Learn about the card’s rewards
Now that you understand what a secured deposit card is, see the benefits that the Discover it Secured Credit Card has to offer its customers, so you can make the most of your credit card.
The Discover it Secured Credit Card offers 1% cashback on all purchases, with no limit. This means you earn 1 cent for every dollar you spend with the card.
For example, if you spend $100 with the card, you will earn $1 cashback.
The cashback is credited to your Discover account within 2 to 3 weeks after the billing due date.
In addition to the 1% cashback on all purchases, the Discover it Secured Credit Card also offers 2% cashback on gas station and restaurant purchases, up to $1,000 in combined spending per quarter.
This means you earn 2 cents for every dollar you spend with the card at gas stations and restaurants.
For example, if you spend $500 with the card at gas stations and restaurants, you will earn $10 cashback.
The 2% cashback is credited to your Discover account within 2 to 3 weeks after the billing due date.
The cashback earn with the Discover it Secured Credit Card you can use the cashback to pay for your future purchases with the Discover card. Or transfer it to a checking or savings account.
You can also use the cashback to purchase products and services at Discover partner stores.
What are the requirements to apply for the credit card?
To apply for the Discover it Secured Credit Card, you must meet the following requirements:
- Be at least 18 years old or emancipated.
- Have a security deposit of at least $200.
- Have a checking or savings account in the United States.
You do not need to have a credit history to apply for the card.
However, Discover may consider your credit history, if any, when evaluating your application and offering better credit terms to you.
Learn more about features and security offered
The Discover it Secured Credit Card offers a variety of features to help you build your credit and protect your purchases.
In addition, the Discover it Secured Credit Card offers a variety of security features:
- Fraud Protection: The card offers 24/7 fraud protection, which means Discover will investigate any suspicious purchase and, if necessary, cancel the purchase and refund your money.
- Purchase Protection Against Theft or Damage: The card offers purchase protection against theft or damage, meaning you will be reimbursed for the value of the purchase if it is stolen or damaged within 120 days of purchase.
- Data Encryption: Your account data is encrypted so that it cannot be accessed by unauthorized third parties.
- Fraud Protection: The card offers 24/7 fraud protection and purchase protection against theft or damage.
- Free FICO® Score Access: You can track your FICO® score for free, which is used by many lenders when assessing credit.
How do I apply for the Discover it Secured Credit Card?
Now that you know details about the Discover it Secured Credit Card, we will show you a step-by-step guide on how to apply for your card and make the most of it when using it.
- Access the main website of the Discover it Secured Credit Card.
- Choose the “Apply Now” button.
- Now, you should fill out an online form. Enter your personal information. Then, include your documents and also information about your income and job.
- Finally, agree to all the terms and submit the form to the bank.
- Now, wait for approval and the card to be sent to your address.
- There you go! You just need to have your credit card at home and use it for purchases.
With the Discover it Secured Credit Card, you have quick and guaranteed credit, with the assurance that you will make the most of your limits. So, visit the website now and request yours.
Also, take the opportunity to see other recommended cards for you on our page.
This content was produced in January 2024. In case of updates or changes to services and conditions, please contact the responsible bank.
Call Discover at 1-800-347-2683 (English/Español)